It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
Well hello! It’s been quite a while. I decided to take a break from social media to focus on work – days turned into weeks, then months.. then a year passed before I knew it.
I had NO time to be creative in the kitchen at ALL. Every week would be the regular food prep – but I have some big things planned for 2015, so stay tuned!
So now that I’m back on social media I am searching for inspiration to help me get creative again! If you have any suggestions of people I should follow please post them in the comments below!
I stumbled across The Little Honey Bee’s Website and decided to try these cookies! They are SO good. They are perfectly sweet, with a hint of orange flavor. This was my second time making them. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Thank you to The Little Honey Bee for this awesome recipe! Be sure to check out her amazing website!
Ingredients (Makes approx 15 cookies)
1 cup unsalted cashews or 1 cup cashew meal
1 tbsp. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. honey / agave / maple syrup – any of these sweeteners will work
2 tbsp. juice from an orange
zest of one orange
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add cashews to your food processor and pulse until until they are finely chopped (should take about 4-5 pulses)
3. In a medium bowl, combine your cashew flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, sweetener of your choice and juice from the orange.
5. Add the coconut oil mixture to the cashew flour mixture and stir to combine.
6. Add chocolate chips and orange zest to the batter and combine.
7. Use a tablespoon to drop cookies onto the baking sheet. Form your cookies in any shape you’d like!
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Transfer to wire rack to cool and enjoy!