It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
These are really helping me not eat the Reese’ Pieces I bought to give out for Halloween.. another one from The Betty Rocker that I made very few changes to. They are SO easy to make!
1 cup all natural Peanut Butter (that means no ingredients except the nuts – I used Maranatha crunchy brand that has a “hint of sea salt”)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 1/3 cups (or approximately 4 scoops) chocolate Protein Powder – I use Isoflex because that’s what I had on hand. Use whatever kind you like!
2 T cacao powder
1 cup Almond Meal Flour
1/4 cup milled/ground Chia Seeds
1/4 cup, plus 2 T enjoy life mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup plus 2 T shredded unsweetened Coconut Flakes
2-3 T peanuts, chopped (optional)
1. Measure peanut butter and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the ingredients together for 1 minute. You can heat them up in a saucepan if you like, whatever you’re comfortable with.
2. Remove from heat and mix the two ingredients together with a fork until evenly blended.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, ground chia seeds, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes to the mixture and stir until well mixed. You’ll get a consistency that’s slightly sticky, but dry enough to handle.
4. Scoop the batter into an ungreased 9×9″ pan and press it down evenly.
5. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts, 2 T cacao nibs and 2 T coconut flakes over top and press them into the batter with a spatula (or your hands). I had a bit of the peanut butter + coconut oil mixture left over so I drizzled it on top
6. Cover and freeze for about 20 minutes, then cut into bars. They will be fine kept in the refrigerator after their original quick freeze.
Enjoy!! I made about 16 squares, should last me the week!