It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
I went for brunch last week with a few co-workers and got into a conversation with one of them about hash. Hash is SO DAMN GOOD. I could eat it everyday.
She was telling me that she makes regular potato hash in a cast iron skillet, makes little holes, cracks an egg in and sticks it in the oven. GENIUS!
I don’t eat regular potatoes, and I don’t have a cast iron skillet, so here’s my take on it.
Turned out amazing.
1 medium sweet potato
1 small onion
1 tbsp EVOO
2 medium boiled beets
1 tbsp Mrs Dash original blend
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grate your sweet potato with a cheese grater, or mandolin OR if your food processor has a grating feature (like mine) use that. It will make life SO much easier. Chop your onion finely.
3. Heat up a frying pan on high heat. Add EVOO. Add the sweet potato, onion and Mrs Dash. Cook until sweet potato begins to brown and soften.
4. Slice your beets and create your “crust”. Layer the beets in a 9×9 baking pan. Add sweet potato hash on top. Begin to create holes for your eggs.
5. Crack your eggs into the hash and bake for 15-20 mins depending on how runny you want your eggs.
6. Sprinkle with desired seasoning and serve.