It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
I was challenged by my good friend @nutty4nutrition to make sweet potato pancakes! Actually, she challenged everyone on Instagram to make pancakes this whole week, I just chose to make sweet potato pancakes for today’s theme!
These were incredible, and surprisingly easy to make and flip. They fluffed up quite nicely and smelled just like real pancakes while cooking!
I topped them with 2 slices of chicken bacon, which I diced and fried until super crispy and real maple syrup! Absolutely incredible!
Ingredients – Makes 1 Serving
1/3 cup mashed sweet potato (baked + mashed)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup almond meal
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Mix your mashed sweet potato and egg whites well. Mixing the egg whites well will help the pancakes get more fluffy and light.
I chose to use baked sweet potato that has been mashed instead of boiled because it has more texture and helps the pancake hold together better. You also end up getting very small pieces of sweet potato in the pancake, bonus!
2. When that is mixed well, add almond meal, almond milk, baking powder and salt.
3. Pour mixture 1/4 cup at a time onto a heated skillet. You shouldn’t have to spread it around, but you might have to.
4. Cook over med-high heat for about 1 1/2 mins on each side.
5. Serve with your choice of topping!