It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
I was challenged by @thecavery to create a dish with prosciutto, squash and pomegranate. After a few failed experiments I managed to put together this delicious party pleaser.
Hope you all serve this at your next function!
I didn’t put amounts because it depends on how much you’re making.
Spicy Pomegranate Dip
Will make about 1 cup
1/2 cup water
1/2 thai chili, minced
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup pomegranate juice
Handful of cilantro
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1. Peel and cube squash into bite sized pieces.
2. Slice prosciutto into strips, so you can wrap them around the squash.
3. Wrap squash in prosciutto, lay on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle black pepper.
4. Bake for 20 mins at 400.
5. While that is baking, add the water, vinegar, dates and chili to a pot. Bring to boil. Let boil until water is reduced (about 5 mins)
6. In your magic bullet, add cilantro, garlic, and pomegranate juice. Blend until everything is smooth.
7. Add pomegranate mixture to the pot, along with ginger powder and chili flakes. Boil for 5 mins and then strain into a bowl with a metal strainer. Make sure to squeeze whatever you can through the strainer, it will add a ton of flavor!
Dip can be served hot or cold. It is NOT thick, so if you want it thicker add 1 tsp of cornstarch, but that would not be Whole30 Friendly!