It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
Yummmooo! Another recipe I found in one of my new cookbooks “Now Eat This! Diet” I paleo-fied it and changed it up a bit and the end result was incredible!
Thanksgiving is next week (I’m from Canada, ours is in October) so I’m trying out dessert recipes to bring to family dinner. I know there’s going to be a ton of junk there, so I won’t feel sooo bad having something clean. 🙂
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp pure maple syrup
Grated lemon zest from 2 lemons (about 1 1/2 tsp)
Juice from 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all ingredients for the crust together in a bowl. Mixture should be crumbly.
3. Press mixture down into a 8×8 baking dish evenly. Bake for 8-10 mins – or until it starts to brown.
4. While the crust is baking, mix together eggs, lemon zest and maple syrup in a bowl.
5. In a separate bowl mix together almond meal, baking powder and sea salt.
6. Mix both bowls together and then whisk lemon juice in.
7. Take your crust out of the oven, and pour mixture on top. Bake for 10 mins – or until filling is firm.
8. Let COOL (best if you refrigerate overnight) and then slice into bars, or squares. Top with lemon slices if you like!