This is a great way to increase your vegetable intake, and cut simple carbs out.
Spaghetti Squash is higher in nutrients, and lower in carbs. A great substitute for regular boring carb-filled spaghetti!
Spaghetti squash is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. It is a fair source of niacin, pantothenic acid, and potassium.
So this is what you’re going to do…
1. Buy Spaghetti Squash. It’s actually called Spaghetti Squash. Do not try this with Butternut Squash, it will not work. Trust me, I’ve tried.
2. Cut it in half and scrape the seeds out.
3. Bake on 350 for 45mins-1hr – depending on the size of the Spaghetti Squash. When it’s done, it will be a little browned and tender to touch.
4. Take out of the oven and let it cool enough for you to be able to touch it.
5. Scrape the insides with a fork. You’ll start to see the sides tear off like spaghetti strands.
Tada! You have spaghetti strands.
This is a great video that I found on youtube if you need a visual!